Physical education is a course taught in several schools with the aim of bringing fitness and being healthy to be able to perform everywhere and enjoy our day-to-day lives. Physical education plays an essential part in the lives of students that go to schools and colleges especially. It is very important that schools and colleges motivate their students to keep a balance between their physical activities and their school work. Physical education plays an important role in living a healthy lifestyle is not only a student’s life but also in people of all age groups. It is most crucial for children who go to school as it is their growing stage, and they undergo a lot of stress during school.
Many researchers have already proved how important physical activities are for school going students, which is also why many schools have recently started teaching them the importance of physical education and encouraging their students to take part in various physical activities. Scientifically all these physical activities are proved as important as doing the regular school work. Physical Education plays a key role in developing students’ confidence and competence level to participate in several physical activities that become a major part of students’ lives, in and out of school.
If there is a high-quality physical education curriculum, it will enable every student to enjoy physical activities. It helps them in developing a wide range of skills. It also helps students a lot in other ways, like developing personally as well as socially. They learn to take up different responsibilities and roles, including leadership, coaching and officiating. Through the number of experiences that Physical education offers, students learn to be competitive, creative and be ready for challenging situations.
The main objectives of physical education are to:
- Help people of all age groups to reach their physical potential in sports environment
- Encourage fitness and a healthy lifestyle
- Develop character
- Learn various skills
- Become knowledgeable about sports
- Promote positive health strategy
Health promotion through physical education helps in preventing diseases and disabilities. It also helps them in developing proper attitude, behaviour, skills and character.
Why physical education is important?
- It helps children to be active every single day by participating in various physical activities.
- Children understand the importance of working out and exercise as a lifelong habit.
- It promotes fitness in children going to school.
- Children get early exposure to sports and learn them.
- Improves strength
- Improves stamina
- Helps in reducing depression
- Promotion of good mental health
- Improves blood pressures
- Strength and anxiety is reduced
How does regular fitness:
- It helps them be fit
- It helps in developing muscular strength
- It helps in improving the absorption of nutrients by the body
- It helps in building Self-Confidence
- It helps in the development of a healthy body posture
- It helps in the betterment of hand-eye coordination
Alongside physical activities, proper health and nutrition is also very important. It is important that you make a balance between the two. It teaches us how important physical health is in our lives. Many high school going students often misinterpret what overweight means and how not eating properly or eating junk food can create dire consequences. At the same time, even excessive obesity is not healthy.
High school students have to go through a lot of stress due to their homework, curriculum, and other kinds of family pressures. If students have a proper routine of physical activities like involvement in sports, or other forms of physical fitness, it helps like a stress relief method. Although excessive physical activities is also not good for students and for some students, few special necessary considerations like health issues should be taken care of. In such case, those students should only proceed under the direction of a doctor.